To report suspected bankruptcy fraud, please prepare a written summary that contains the following information:
- Name and address of the person or business you are reporting
- Any identifying information you may have regarding the individual or business
- A brief description of the alleged fraud, including how you became aware of the fraud and when the fraud took place; please include all supporting documentation
- Identify the type of asset that was concealed or undervalued and its estimated value and/or the amount of any unreported income
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address; you are not required to identify yourself although it is often helpful to do so if questions arise
The likelihood of further investigation and possible criminal prosecution is increased for those matters where supporting documentation and specific factual information are provided. Any information you provide is voluntary.
Please mail this information to:
401 West Trade Street, Suite 2400
Charlotte, NC 28202
The Office of Bankruptcy Administrator will review all fraud reports and will take appropriate action including forwarding appropriate submissions to the proper law enforcement authorities. It is a U.S. Department of Justice policy not to disclose the existence of criminal investigations so you should not expect to be further contacted.